This post is inspired by a podcast interview I did with fellow Elite Blog Academy alum and mastermind member Rosemarie Groner of the super popular website, Busy Budgeter. (Listen to the interview here.)

At the time of this writing, she was earning around $22,000 per month from her blog and related Pinterest traffic. Now, she earns well over $100,000 per month through a combination of organic search engine traffic, Pinterest and paid Facebook ads traffic.

Needless to say, she’s turned her blog into a very successful business! I’d say, there are tons of things to learn from Rosemarie. But today, we’ll focus on her Pinterest strategies.
Note: I’ve since had to update this post because some things don’t apply anymore- like using Board Booster, but the nuts and bolts of the strategy I’ve extrapolated from Rosemarie’s interview and Pinterest approach still apply.
Before I dive into the tactics I gleaned from our interview and some of her Pinterest resources, let me give you a little backstory on my own blog.
I started my blog four years ago. For the longest, I hovered around 800 unique monthly page views. (That’s so sad, I know!) I made a few dollars (like $2) in Google Adsense but overall was pretty content with my pageviews.

Then, I connected with someone who challenged me to aggressively increase my pageviews, Rosemarie Groner, of the Busy Budgeter website. She also encouraged me to enroll in the popular, Elite Blog Academy and the rest is history.
By the way, Elite Blog Academy is a blogging course, taken by thousands of bloggers, that helps you get the foundations of blogging in place. Both myself, Rosemarie and tons of other successful bloggers have taken the course. It only opens once a year, so get on the Elite Blog Academy Waitlist while you can.
Related resource: 10 Women Bloggers Who Retired Their Husbands
Duplicating her methods, I have seen an uptick in page views (and income.) When I started with Pinterest in April of 2015, I was around 8K in pageviews. Now, I am averaging almost 40K page views per month this year. My blog monthly income hangs around the $300-$500 mark but I am seeing even more potential as my measly 200 person mailing list is now to almost 900 people!
If you are looking to drive more traffic to your website (traffic = income), think seriously about investing your time and money with a Pinterest Strategy. Pinterest drives a ton of traffic to my website and has caused my page views and income to grow substantially.
Based on talking with Rosemarie and how I’ve gained traffic from Pinterest, here are a few pointers to help your Pinterest marketing results.
Also note: this strategy really only works if you have a self-hosted blog and can capture emails for further marketing. (I use ConvertKit). This is where the money happens.
If you need to start a blog, you can do so for as little as $3.95 per month with BlueHost.com. Use this link to get that price on web-hosting.